THE LARAMIE PROJECT
2020. The twentieth anniversary of the first production of The Laramie Project.
In October 1998, a twenty-one-year-old student at the University of Wyoming was kidnapped, severely beaten, and left tied to a fence in the middle of the prairie outside Laramie, Wyoming. His bloody, bruised, and battered body was not discovered until the next day, and he died several days later in an area hospital. His name was Matthew Shepard, and he was the victim of this assault because he was gay. Moisés Kaufman and fellow members of the Tectonic Theater Project made six trips to Laramie over the course of a year and a half, in the aftermath of the beating and during the trial of the two young men accused of killing Shepard. They conducted more than 200 interviews with the people of the town. Some people interviewed were directly connected to the case, while others were citizens of Laramie, and the breadth of the reactions to the crime is fascinating. Kaufman and Tectonic Theater members have constructed a deeply moving theatrical experience from these interviews and their own experiences in Laramie.
THE LARAMIE PROJECT is a breathtaking collage that explores the depths to which humanity can sink and the heights of compassion of which we are capable.
* CAUTION: THE LARAMIE PROJECT contains adult language and graphic descriptions of violence.
- Written By
- Moises Kaufman and Memners of the Tectonic Theatre Project
- Directed By
- Doug Zschiegner
- Costumes By
- Maureen Stevens
Dates & Times
- Thursday, October 15, 2020 at 7:00pm
- Friday, October 16, 2020 at 7:30pm
- Saturday, October 17, 2020 at 2:00pm
- Saturday, October 17, 2020 at 7:30pm
- Sunday, October 18, 2020 at 2:00pm
- Xachary Carr (Rulon Stacy & others)
- James DeLano (Matt Galloway & others)
- Alyssa Garmone (Romaine Patterson & others)
- Taylor Grosskopf (Reggie Fluty & others)
- Benjamin Hayes (Jonas Slonaker & others)
- Marley Judd (Rebecca Hilliker & others)
- Michael Kelleher (Jedadiah Schultz & others)
- Morgan Mincer (Catherine Connolly & others)
- Shyheim Rodriguez (Rob DeBree & others)
- Jeremy Vicario (Doc O'Connor & others)
- Reagan Zuber (Marge Murray & others)