N.U.R.T. & Summer Musical
We know it’s been three years, but we’re finally back! Here comes Lily, with her Purple Plastic Purse! And Alexander, as usual, is having a Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day… and Pierre just doesn’t care! Yes, N.U.R.T. is back and better than ever!
Once again, well-loved children’s tales, brought to life by trained actors, all Theatre Performance majors from Niagara University, playing dozens of your favorite characters, will delight audiences of all ages!
1. N.U.R.T. will perform in the Leary Theatre (in the Elizabeth Ann Clune Center for Theatre) on Thursdays at 10:00 am and 1:00 pm between July 7 and August 18.
2. UPDATE: At this time, all dates have been filled. Any requests that have not been scheduled will be placed on our waitlist in the event that we have cancellations. Additionally, Niagara University Repertory Theatre (N.U.R.T.) may be available to come to your summer organization (school, camp, day care) on selected dates, free of charge, between Tuesday, July 5th and Friday, August 19th, 2022. Although no fee will be charged, any donation your group is able to provide to help offset gas expenses and other travel costs will be most welcome.
- * Please note that admission may not be charged to these performances. *
- Applications are filled on a first come, first serve basis and dates do quickly close out. Phone reservations and email will NOT be accepted.
- *Priority will be given to groups that accept and abide by our COVID- safety protocols.*
- Confirmation letters will be sent out after May 29, as applications have been received and schedules confirmed.
- Please scan the QR code below to begin the application process, or visit https://bit.ly/NURT22app
- Questions about the production can be directed to Steve Braddock at 716-286-8329.
- Scheduling questions may be directed to Keirsten Thomas at 716-286-8483
Summer Main Stage Musical
Thursday, August 4 - Sunday, August 7
The Musical of Musicals (The Musical!) is a musical about musicals! In this hilarious satire of musical theatre, one story becomes five delightful musicals, each written in the distinctive style of a different master of the form, from Rodgers & Hammerstein to Stephen Sondheim.
The basic plot: June is an ingenue who can't pay the rent and is threatened by her evil landlord. Will the handsome leading man come to the rescue? The variations are: a Rodgers & Hammerstein version, set in Kansas in August, complete with a dream ballet; a Sondheim version, featuring the landlord as a tortured artistic genius who slashes the throats of his tenants in revenge for not appreciating his work; a Jerry Herman version, as a splashy star vehicle; an Andrew Lloyd Webber version, a rock musical with themes borrowed from Puccini; and a Kander & Ebb version, set in a speakeasy in Chicago.
This comic valentine to musical theatre was the longest-running show in the York Theatre Company's 35-year history before moving off-Broadway.
The Musical of Musicals premiered at the The York Theatre Company in New York City in 2003. The production moved to a commercial off-Broadway production at the Dodger Stages in 2005.
Thursday, August 4 @ 7:00 pm
Friday, August 5 @ 7:00 pm
Saturday, August 6 @ 2:00 pm & 7:00 pm
Sunday, August 7 @ 2:00 pm
***** Tickets are free of charge and first come, first served. No reservations will be taken for this production.
***** Please see our Health & Safety Protocols page Our primary responsibility is the continued health and safety of both our students and our patrons. Please check back often, as we reserve the right to change our protocols as conditions warrant, in accordance with the CDC and the State of New York.
We look forward to making you smile again this summer!